Related News

The universe has delivered the loudest gravitational wave ever recorded, and it appears to have given Einstein’s theory of general relativity one of its toughest tests so far. According to

The secret US plan to detonate a nuclear bomb on the Moon In 1958, as Cold War tensions shaped decisions in Washington and Moscow, a study quietly examined whether a

Astronomers have long wondered why planets orbiting two stars like the iconic Tatooine in Star Wars are so rare. You would expect them to be everywhere, really. Most stars form

The Seahawks may have won the Super Bowl, but Anthropic also walked away with bragging rights, according to data analyzed by BNP Paribas. The maker of the Claude chatbot saw

Investor Matt Shumer ignited a firestorm on social media this week with an essay that warned about the disruptive potential of AI. More than 80 million views later, he said

President and CEO of Arista Networks Jayshree Ullal Scott Mlyn | CNBC Shares of Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices moved in opposite directions on Friday, after the CEO of Arista

Trending News

In today’s digital age, the opportunity to make money online without any initial investment is more accessible than ever before. Whether you’re a student looking to earn some pocket money,

In today’s digital world, make money online has become a dream many want to turn into reality. Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or aiming to build a full-time

JSW Cement, the building materials arm of Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group, has reduced the size of its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) to Rs 3,600 crore and will open the

The agricultural Gross Value Added (GVA) growth is expected to moderate to 4.5% in the first quarter of FY26, down from 5.4% in the preceding quarter, according to a report

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net sellers in the Indian equity market in July, pulling out Rs 17,741 crore amid rising global trade tensions. According to data from NSDL, this

Avenue Capital Group-backed Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd (ARCIL) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with markets regulator Sebi on Friday to raise funds through an initial public

‘Not for sale’: OpenAI rejects Elon Musk’s $97.4 billion takeover offer

Word Count: 656 | Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes


'Not for sale': OpenAI rejects Elon Musk's $97.4 billion takeover offer

OpenAI’s board of directors unanimously rejected on Saturday an offer from Tesla CEO Elon Musk to buy the artificial intelligence company for $97.4 billion.
“OpenAI is not for sale, and the board has unanimously rejected Mr Musk’s latest attempt to disrupt his competition,” OpenAI’s board chairman Bret Taylor said in a statement posted on X, formerly Twitter.
The statement also said, “Any potential reorganization of OpenAI will strengthen our nonprofit and its mission to ensure AGI (artificial general intelligence) benefits all of humanity.”
Musk had filed court documents on Wednesday saying that he would withdraw his offer if OpenAI’s board agreed to return to a non-profit model.
OpenAI currently operates as a non-profit with a for-profit subsidiary. The shift toward a for-profit model, which CEO Sam Altman has said is necessary for growth, has been a point of disagreement between Musk and the company.
Musk was one of OpenAI’s original founders in 2015, contributing $45 million in initial funding. He left the company in 2018 due to a “potential future conflict” with Tesla, which was increasing its focus on artificial intelligence.
In 2023, Musk launched his own AI company, xAI, after OpenAI gained global attention for its advancements in the field.
The costs of developing and running AI models have pushed OpenAI to seek investment and a new corporate structure. The shift to a for-profit model requires approval from authorities in California and Delaware, who will review how OpenAI’s non-profit arm is valued as it becomes a shareholder in the new entity.
Current investors are pushing for a lower valuation to increase their stake in the new company. Musk’s bid, valuing OpenAI at $97.4 billion—about $30 billion more than the ongoing negotiations, according to The Information—is seen as a challenge to the company’s fundraising efforts.
OpenAI’s chief global affairs officer Chris Lehane said Musk’s offer came from a competitor “who has struggled to keep up with the technology and compete with us in the marketplace.”





Source link

Most Popular Articles