Related News

The Seahawks may have won the Super Bowl, but Anthropic also walked away with bragging rights, according to data analyzed by BNP Paribas. The maker of the Claude chatbot saw

Investor Matt Shumer ignited a firestorm on social media this week with an essay that warned about the disruptive potential of AI. More than 80 million views later, he said

President and CEO of Arista Networks Jayshree Ullal Scott Mlyn | CNBC Shares of Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices moved in opposite directions on Friday, after the CEO of Arista

Chris Liddell, White House deputy chief of staff for policy, listens during an American Workforce Policy Advisory Board meeting in the East Room of the White House in Washington, D.C.,

Shares of Roku jumped more than 6% on Friday after the video streaming company posted fourth-quarter results that trounced analysts’ expectations and offered strong guidance. Here’s how the company did

Jakub Porzycki | Nurphoto | Getty Images Instacart‘s stock surged more than 14% after the company’s robust results alleviated worries over mounting competitive pressures in the grocery delivery market. During

Trending News

In today’s digital age, the opportunity to make money online without any initial investment is more accessible than ever before. Whether you’re a student looking to earn some pocket money,

In today’s digital world, make money online has become a dream many want to turn into reality. Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or aiming to build a full-time

JSW Cement, the building materials arm of Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group, has reduced the size of its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) to Rs 3,600 crore and will open the

The agricultural Gross Value Added (GVA) growth is expected to moderate to 4.5% in the first quarter of FY26, down from 5.4% in the preceding quarter, according to a report

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net sellers in the Indian equity market in July, pulling out Rs 17,741 crore amid rising global trade tensions. According to data from NSDL, this

Avenue Capital Group-backed Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd (ARCIL) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with markets regulator Sebi on Friday to raise funds through an initial public

Expect ‘deliberately outlandish’ claims from Musk

Word Count: 370 | Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes


Sam Altman, chief executive officer of OpenAI Inc., during a media tour of the Stargate AI data center in Abilene, Texas, US, on Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2025.

Kyle Grillot | Bloomberg | Getty Images

OpenAI sent a letter Thursday to investors and banking partners warning that it expects Elon Musk to make “deliberately outlandish, attention-grabbing claims” as his lawsuit against the AI lab heads to trial in April.

The trial will mark a public escalation of Musk’s years-long feud with OpenAI, and the company’s letter serves as an attempt to preempt and alleviate investors’ concerns. OpenAI has raised billions of dollars from venture capitalists, and its valuation has swelled to $500 billion.

Musk co-founded OpenAI as a nonprofit research company in 2015 alongside several other researchers and executives, including the startup’s CEO Sam Altman.

He filed a lawsuit against OpenAI in 2024 alleging he was “assiduously manipulated” and “deceived” after the AI company explored converting to a for-profit entity and established an “opaque web of for-profit OpenAI affiliates,” including its multibillion-dollar partnership with Microsoft.

Musk departed OpenAI’s board in 2018, but he has argued that he is owed “the value of all intellectual property developed” from his contributions, potentially amounting to billions of dollars, according to a complaint.

“We have strong defenses and feel confident about our chances of winning the case,” OpenAI said in the letter, which was viewed by CNBC. “Regardless, based on the record so far, we believe this case is worth no more than the $38 million that Elon donated – though that is not a guarantee.”

OpenAI declined to comment on the letter.

Earlier this month, U.S. District Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers ruled that the case will proceed to trial. The lawsuit was filed in August 2024 in the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of California.

OpenAI said it expects Musk will make comments about the AI company that “are not grounded in reality” and are “typical of the harassment tactics he’s previously deployed,” according to the letter.

“Elon’s lawsuit remains baseless and without merit, and our team is focused on ensuring the jury sees these claims for what they are,” OpenAI said.

WATCH: OpenAI Investor Letter: Weekly and daily active user figures ‘continue to produce all-time highs’

OpenAI Investor Letter: Weekly and daily active user figures 'continue to produce all-time highs'



Source link

Most Popular Articles