Saturday, April 5, 2025

Creating liberating content

RSS General Secretary Dattatreya Hosabale (File photo) RSS General Secretary

NEW DELHI: The Forward Bloc will hold a ‘Parliament March’

If you’re unsure about which button does what, most dual-flush

Related News

RSS General Secretary Dattatreya Hosabale (File photo) RSS General Secretary Dattatreya Hosabale emphasized on Saturday that India has the potential to become a “vishwaguru” (world leader) not only in philosophy

NEW DELHI: The Forward Bloc will hold a ‘Parliament March’ on April 11 to press the government for action on key national issues, including the declassification of files related to

Yashavi Jaiswal and Jofra Archer NEW DELHI: Rajasthan Royals produced a commanding all-round performance to hand Punjab Kings a 50-run defeat in Mullanpur on Saturday. The win was set up

If you’re unsure about which button does what, most dual-flush toilets make it easy to figure out. Usually, you’ll notice that one button is smaller or marked with a symbol

Pamban bridge, India’s first vertical lift sea bridge, is set to be inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi on April 6, that is on Ram Navmi. Built by the Rail Vikas

Mitchell Starc (PTI Photo) NEW DELHI: It’s an evening to remember for the Delhi Capitals (DC) as they scripted history by defeating Chennai Super Kings (CSK) at the MA Chidambaram

Trending News

Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), the British luxury car manufacturer, announced on Saturday that it will temporarily halt shipments to the United States in April. The company is responding to the

China issued a scathing rebuke to the United States over its tariff hike, accusing Washington of economic bullying and warning of serious consequences for the global trading system. The response

US President Donald Trump on Saturday doubled down on his sweeping tariff policies, claiming that China has been hit “much harder” than the United States in the ongoing trade war

India’s leading manufacturers of mining and construction equipment, BEML Ltd has launched the indigenously designed Motor Grader BG 1205 at its Mysuru facility. This milestone emphasizes BEML’s strong commitment to

J P Morgan projected that the United States will slip into a recession by the end of 2025, attributing the decline largely to President Donald Trump’s newly announced reciprocal tariffs.

New Delhi: Apple does not intend to make any immediate changes to retail prices of its products, such as iPhone, including in India, following the Trump administration’s imposition of reciprocal

Body Of 2 More Miners Trapped In Assam Coal Mine Recovered After 44 Days

Word Count: 285 | Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes




Guwahati:

Divers fished out decomposed bodies of two more miners trapped inside a coal mine in Assam’s Dima Hasao district on Wednesday, 44 days after they went missing in the quarry, an official said.

With this recovery, six of the nine miners who had been trapped there on January 6 were found.

Dewatering operation in the mine at Umrangshu has been continuing for over one month. The two highly decomposed corpses were spotted by the divers who went in and brought them out.

The bodies are yet to be identified, the official said.

Nine workers were trapped inside the mine on January 6 and the body of one was recovered two days later while those of three others were found on January 11.

Compensation of Rs 10 lakh each has been paid by the government to the relatives of four miners whose bodies were recovered earlier and Rs 6 lakh each to the family of those trapped inside.

The state government had announced that the family of all trapped inside the mine would be paid a total of Rs 10 lakh each.

Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma had said that if the dewatering continues at the current rate, it will take about 25 to 60 days for the process to be completed, and it will continue till a ‘logical conclusion’ is reached.

The chief minister had earlier claimed that the mine was abandoned 12 years ago and was under the Assam Mineral Development Corporation till three years ago.

The state government has also announced a judicial enquiry into the incident, with retired high court judge Anima Hazarika heading the one-person committee.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)




Source link

Most Popular Articles

Sign In

Welcome ! Log into Your Account