Related News

New Delhi: In a surprise move, Urjit Patel, who had resigned as Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor following differences with govt, has now been appointed as executive director at

Mumbai: The rupee on Friday breached the 88-mark for the first time, hitting a record intra-day low of 88.31 against the dollar before recovering slightly to close at 88.20. The

Mumbai: The share of mutual funds in the household sector’s gross financial savings increased from 0.9% in 2011-12 to 6% in 2022-23. Assets under management have grown at a compounded

Mumbai: Remittance by Indians for studies abroad dipped to a 5-year low of $138.8 million in June 2025 as countries tightened restrictions on taking in Indian students.The remittances for study

Mumbai: India’s private investment cycle is showing divergent trends, RBI said in its August bulletin. The total cost of projects sanctioned by banks and financial institutions fell to Rs 3.7

Mumbai: IndusInd Bank shareholders on Thursday voted down a proposal that would have allowed the promoters to appoint up to two directors on the lender’s board. At the AGM, 54%

Trending News

In today’s digital age, the opportunity to make money online without any initial investment is more accessible than ever before. Whether you’re a student looking to earn some pocket money,

In today’s digital world, make money online has become a dream many want to turn into reality. Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or aiming to build a full-time

JSW Cement, the building materials arm of Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group, has reduced the size of its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) to Rs 3,600 crore and will open the

The agricultural Gross Value Added (GVA) growth is expected to moderate to 4.5% in the first quarter of FY26, down from 5.4% in the preceding quarter, according to a report

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net sellers in the Indian equity market in July, pulling out Rs 17,741 crore amid rising global trade tensions. According to data from NSDL, this

Avenue Capital Group-backed Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd (ARCIL) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with markets regulator Sebi on Friday to raise funds through an initial public

YouTube to roll out new AI-powered technology aimed at identifying teen users

Word Count: 398 | Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes


YouTube announced on Tuesday it is planning to roll out a new age-estimation technology that will identify users under the age of 18. The new feature is intended to protect young teens from harmful content, the company says.

Powered by artificial intelligence, the tool will be able to assess a person’s age based on the types of videos they’ve watched, the categories of the videos, and how long the person has had their account — regardless of the birthday associated with it, James Beser, director of product management at YouTube, said in a statement on the platform’s blog. 

If the technology identifies a person as under 18, it will take extra steps to regulate their content by disabling personalized advertising and limiting repetitive views of certain kinds of content, among other things. If YouTube incorrectly determines someone’s age, the user can upload a form of identification to fix the error.

“We will only allow users who have been inferred or verified as over 18 to view age-restricted content that may be inappropriate for younger users,” YouTube said in the blog post.

Google, which is the parent company of YouTube, did not immediately respond to CBS MoneyWatch’s request for comment.

According to a recent Pew survey, YouTube is the most popular social media app among teens. Ninety percent of teens ages 13 to 17 said they used YouTube last year, compared with 63% who said they used TikTok.

YouTube CEO Neal Mohan initially announced the age-detection technology in February. The new tool builds on other safety features like supervised accounts which allow parents to monitor their children’s YouTube activity more closely. 

YouTube has also leveraged AI to identify and remove content it considers harmful, although since President Trump took office in January for his second term, the social media platform has shifted its policy to emphasize “freedom of expression” over safety, The New York Times reported.

YouTube says it will be testing the age-detection tool in the coming weeks among a small set of U.S. users, before rolling out the technology to a wider audience. The tool is already being used in other markets with success, the company states on its blog, but does not specify where.



Source link

Most Popular Articles