Related News

India’s foreign exchange reserves fell by $4.386 billion to $690.72 billion in the week ended August 22, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said on Friday.The overall reserves had risen

India’s fiscal deficit touched 29.9% of the full-year target at the end of July, data released by the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) on Friday showed.The gap between government expenditure

Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries, arrives to pay his last respect to Indian industrialist Ratan Tata at the National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA) ahead

India’s GDP growth (AI image) India’s GDP grew at a robust 7.8% for the first quarter of the current financial year 2025-26, beating estimates by over a full per cent.

The rupee on Friday tumbled past the 88-per-dollar mark for the first time, finishing the day at an all-time closing low of 88.19 (provisional). The sharp fall of 61 paise

Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) on Friday announced a joint venture with social media major Meta, with an initial investment of about Rs 855 crore ($100 million), to build and scale

Trending News

In today’s digital age, the opportunity to make money online without any initial investment is more accessible than ever before. Whether you’re a student looking to earn some pocket money,

In today’s digital world, make money online has become a dream many want to turn into reality. Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or aiming to build a full-time

JSW Cement, the building materials arm of Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group, has reduced the size of its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) to Rs 3,600 crore and will open the

The agricultural Gross Value Added (GVA) growth is expected to moderate to 4.5% in the first quarter of FY26, down from 5.4% in the preceding quarter, according to a report

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net sellers in the Indian equity market in July, pulling out Rs 17,741 crore amid rising global trade tensions. According to data from NSDL, this

Avenue Capital Group-backed Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd (ARCIL) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with markets regulator Sebi on Friday to raise funds through an initial public

Xiaomi 15 and 15 Ultra launch: Price, specs, availability

Word Count: 543 | Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes


The Xiaomi 15 Ultra, in the foreground, and the Xiaomi 15 in the background.

Xiaomi

BARCELONA — Xiaomi launched its latest flagship smartphone on Sunday continuing its push into higher-end devices as it seeks to challenge market leader Samsung.

The Xiaomi 15 and Xiaomi 15 Ultra are the most recent pair of smartphones from the Chinese technology giant sporting the latest chips and boosted cameras. They were unveiled at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

The Xiaomi 15 starts at 999 euros ($1,047) and the Xiaomi 15 Ultra starts at 1,499 euros ($1,571).

Both devices are powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Elite Mobile Platform, one of the latest processors. The 15 Ultra model also comes with a higher spec camera and bigger display.

“Xiaomi has been hugely successful of building its brand with affordable technology and but now it’s moving up the value chain as it moves more into premium devices and that’s well-suited to the European market where we see an affluent audience,” Ben Wood, chief analyst at CCS Insight, told CNBC.

In 2024, Xiaomi’s global smartphone shipments grew 15.4% year-on-year, outpacing rivals including Samsung and Apple, according to the International Data Corporation. The company’s worldwide market share rose to 13.6% from 12.5% in 2023.

Xiaomi started up in 2010 selling low-to-mid price smartphones at very cut-throat prices. Since then it has expanded overseas, placing a big emphasis on its European foothold. Xiaomi has also built a portfolio of connected devices from TVs to smartwatches.

Last year, the business jumped into the electric vehicle space with the SU7, as it looks to diversify beyond consumer electronics. It even brought the car to the Mobile World Congress in 2024, displaying the vehicle at the company’s large booth and creating a buzz.

Francisco Jeronimo, vice president for data and analytics at IDC, said the EV has given a boost to Xiaomi’s brand.

“They are using the car as leverage to build on their brand which I think is a clever idea,” Jeronimo said.

“They will grab a lot of attention with the car even if it’s not going to be available in Europe, but it’s that kind of innovation. And consumers understand that a brand that can build a car can also continue doing very good phones.”

A recent recovery in the smartphone business, combined with the success of the electric vehicle so far, has helped fuel a nearly 300% rise in Xiaomi’s stock in the last 12 months.

Xiaomi’s shares, which are listed in a Hong Kong, hit a record high this week. The firm is hoping to continue that momentum with the latest smartphones and the launch of the SU7 Ultra, a high-performance version of its electric car that was launched on Thursday.

Still, the company is facing a big challenge in the smartphone space at trying to eat continued share away from Samsung, especially with other Chinese brands like Oppo on its heels.

“The problem is the premium space is now unbelievably crowded, and although all Android phone makers aspire to take share from Apple, the reality is if you’re going to grow in Android, you need to take it from another Android player. So that means for Xiaomi, they need to be eroding Samsung’s share,” CCS Insight’s Wood said.

“But unfortunately, you’ve got 2 other big Chinese players in Oppo and Honor who are very very hungry to build share.”



Source link

Most Popular Articles