Related News

ONGC group refineries will continue purchasing Russian oil as long as it is financially viable, chairman Arun Kumar Singh said on Friday. “As long as it’s economical, we will keep

China’s trade representative Li Chenggang conducted meetings in the United States, between August 27-29, engaging with US officials regarding economic and trade relationships between the two nations, according to the

Bank holidays in India can be cause of confusion, especially when it comes to Saturday operations. According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines, banks operate on first, third

New Delhi: ONGC Videsh’s $350 million dividend from Vankor field remains stuck in Russia due to banking curbs as a result of Western sanctions on Moscow, even as ONGC chairman

New Delhi: In a surprise move, Urjit Patel, who had resigned as Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor following differences with govt, has now been appointed as executive director at

Mumbai: The rupee on Friday breached the 88-mark for the first time, hitting a record intra-day low of 88.31 against the dollar before recovering slightly to close at 88.20. The

Trending News

In today’s digital age, the opportunity to make money online without any initial investment is more accessible than ever before. Whether you’re a student looking to earn some pocket money,

In today’s digital world, make money online has become a dream many want to turn into reality. Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or aiming to build a full-time

JSW Cement, the building materials arm of Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group, has reduced the size of its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) to Rs 3,600 crore and will open the

The agricultural Gross Value Added (GVA) growth is expected to moderate to 4.5% in the first quarter of FY26, down from 5.4% in the preceding quarter, according to a report

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net sellers in the Indian equity market in July, pulling out Rs 17,741 crore amid rising global trade tensions. According to data from NSDL, this

Avenue Capital Group-backed Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd (ARCIL) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with markets regulator Sebi on Friday to raise funds through an initial public

Trump Set to Meet With Top Aides to Decide TikTok’s Fate

Word Count: 359 | Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes


President Trump plans to meet with top White House officials on Wednesday to discuss a proposal that could secure TikTok’s future in the United States, two people familiar with the plans said.

Mr. Trump will consider a proposal for a new ownership structure for the popular video app, which is owned by the Chinese internet giant ByteDance. Lawmakers and other U.S. officials have argued that the app’s ties to China raise national security concerns, and a federal law that was passed last year requires TikTok to change its ownership or face a ban in the United States. The latest deadline for that ban is Saturday.

The meeting is set to include Vice President JD Vance, whom Mr. Trump tapped to find an arrangement to save the popular app early in February, and other top officials, the two people said on the condition of anonymity. The new ownership structure, they said, could include Blackstone, the private equity giant, and Oracle, the technology company.

The meeting is another twist in the long national saga of TikTok, which surged in popularity in the United States despite sustained and deep scrutiny in Washington and state capitals. Mr. Trump, who made repeated assurances that he wants to save the app, extended the deadline for a deal in January and suggested that he might do so again if a suitable plan was not reached by early this month.

TikTok did not immediately return a request for comment.

It is not clear that the kind of deal under discussion would comply with the law, which calls for no more than 20 percent of TikTok or its parent company to be owned by people or companies in so-called foreign adversary countries, a list that includes China.

The law also bars a new entity from working with ByteDance to operate its video-recommendation technology or creating a data-sharing agreement.

Mr. Trump suggested last week that he might relax upcoming tariffs on China in exchange for the country’s support of a deal.

TikTok has maintained that it is not for sale, in part, it says, because the Chinese government would block a deal.



Source link