Become a member

Get the best offers and updates relating to Liberty Case News.

― Advertisement ―

spot_img
HomeGlobal NewsT20 World Cup trophy arrives in India, as ‘Men in Blue’ land...

T20 World Cup trophy arrives in India, as ‘Men in Blue’ land in Delhi | Watch

The T20 Word Cup trophy is finally here! Team India returned to Delhi on Thursday post T20 World Cup tournament victory. As the ‘Men in Blue’ landed in Delhi after their journey was delayed due to a category 4 hurricane in Barbados, hundreds of fans gave a boisterous welcome to Indian team players at Indira Gandhi International Airport.

Team India Arrival Live Updates

The BCCI announced Team India’s return with an X post and a video of Team India players holding the trophy.

The T20 World Cup-winning Indian cricket team received a boisterous welcome. Hundreds of fans, holding placards congratulating their favourite players and waving the national flag, braved a steady drizzle to line up outside the Indira Gandhi International Airport to welcome the victorious players.

Also Read: Indian Cricket Team returns: From PM Modi meet to roadshow in Mumbai. Check full schedule, when and where to watch

Team India, aboard a specially arranged charter flight, AIC24WC — Air India Champions 24 World Cup, landed in Delhi five days after winning the trophy in Barbados. However, the players were stranded in the island nation due to a category 4 hurricane.

Also Read: Air India flight ‘AIC24WC’ carrying T20 World Cup winning Team India most-tracked flight, says Flightradar24

Hundreds of fans, holding placards congratulating their favourite players and waving the national flag, braved a steady drizzle to line up outside the Indira Gandhi International Airport to welcome the victorious players.

On Saturday, the Rohit Sharma-led squad won the country its second T20 world title, ending an 11-year wait for an ICC trophy.

‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ reverberates outside airport

Several cricket fans gathered outside Delhi airport to welcome Team India. Chants of ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ reverberated outside the airport as the team left for the hotel.

A fan, Piyush Arora expressed happiness and said, “…We came to T3 because we are very excited. We came to the airport at 3 am.”

A young fan of the Men’s Indian Cricket Team, Viren said, “I am a huge fan of Jasprit Bumrah and I am waiting for him. I have been standing here since 5:30 AM. I am a huge fan of the Indian Cricket Team…” Team India has arrived at Delhi Airport after winning the #T20WorldCup2024 trophy.

The Indian team squad is scheduled to leave for Mumbai on Thursday evening. Later, the team will take part in an open bus road show followed by a felicitation ceremony at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.

3.6 Crore Indians visited in a single day choosing us as India’s undisputed platform for General Election Results. Explore the latest updates here!

Catch all the Sports News and Updates on Live Mint.
Download The Mint News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.

More
Less

Published: 04 Jul 2024, 07:00 AM IST

Source link