Related News

Access Denied You don’t have permission to access ” on this server. Reference #18.27fdd417.1756494351.a59ed1a Source link

Zydus Wellness Ltd on Friday announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Alidac UK Ltd, will acquire UK-based Comfort Click for GBP 239 million, marking the company’s first international acquisition and entry

Canada’s economy shrank at an annualised pace of 1.6% in the second quarter as exports took a hit from tariffs imposed by US President Donald Trump, Statistics Canada said on

Union coal and mines minister G Kishan Reddy said on Friday that India has signed an agreement with Japan in the mineral resources sector as part of efforts to build

The Centre on Friday increased usage charges for gunny bags by 40% to Rs 10.22 per used bag, a step aimed at easing the financial burden of states and Union

Thomas Fuller | SOPA Images | Lightrocket | Getty Images Ambarella stock roared 20% higher Friday as the chip designer reported better-than-expected second-quarter results and issued strong guidance. Here’s how

Trending News

In today’s digital age, the opportunity to make money online without any initial investment is more accessible than ever before. Whether you’re a student looking to earn some pocket money,

In today’s digital world, make money online has become a dream many want to turn into reality. Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or aiming to build a full-time

JSW Cement, the building materials arm of Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group, has reduced the size of its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) to Rs 3,600 crore and will open the

The agricultural Gross Value Added (GVA) growth is expected to moderate to 4.5% in the first quarter of FY26, down from 5.4% in the preceding quarter, according to a report

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net sellers in the Indian equity market in July, pulling out Rs 17,741 crore amid rising global trade tensions. According to data from NSDL, this

Avenue Capital Group-backed Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd (ARCIL) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with markets regulator Sebi on Friday to raise funds through an initial public

Ram Navami: Jharkhand cuts power on rally route, draws SC’s displeasure

Word Count: 590 | Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes


Ram Navami: Jharkhand cuts power on rally route, draws SC's displeasure

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday disapproved of the Jharkhand govt’s decision to disrupt power supply for 10 hours in areas where Ram Navami processions would pass through and asked the state to limit the outage to the “barest minimum” while ensuring continuous supply to essential services including hospitals .
This order was passed by a bench of Chief Justice of India Sanjiv Khanna, and Justices Sanjay Kumar and K V Viswanathan on an appeal filed by Jharkhand govt challenging a HC order directing no disruption of power supply during the Ram Navami processions.
For the state, senior advocate Kapil Sibal told the court that the decision to stop power supply on the routes of Ram Navami procession was taken as there had been several instances of electrocution of members of the procession who carry long metallic poles that serve as flag posts. As many as 29 people have died in the past two decades, Sibal said.
Sibal said the HC has asked the govt to order a reduction in the length of the poles carried by members of the procession, which is impossible to implement as the celebrations are scheduled for Sunday. He said the HC passed the orders suo motu and that no one had complained about the power disruptions announced by the state. Sibal said the power outage will be from 1.20pm to 11.30pm and confined only to routes taken by the processions. But CJI Khanna-led bench said a 10 hour-long power cut in the summer days in Jharkhand will be excessive.
The top court listed Jharkhand’s appeal for further hearing on April 8.





Source link

Most Popular Articles