Related News

Access Denied You don’t have permission to access ” on this server. Reference #18.27fdd417.1756494351.a59ed1a Source link

Zydus Wellness Ltd on Friday announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Alidac UK Ltd, will acquire UK-based Comfort Click for GBP 239 million, marking the company’s first international acquisition and entry

Canada’s economy shrank at an annualised pace of 1.6% in the second quarter as exports took a hit from tariffs imposed by US President Donald Trump, Statistics Canada said on

Union coal and mines minister G Kishan Reddy said on Friday that India has signed an agreement with Japan in the mineral resources sector as part of efforts to build

The Centre on Friday increased usage charges for gunny bags by 40% to Rs 10.22 per used bag, a step aimed at easing the financial burden of states and Union

Thomas Fuller | SOPA Images | Lightrocket | Getty Images Ambarella stock roared 20% higher Friday as the chip designer reported better-than-expected second-quarter results and issued strong guidance. Here’s how

Trending News

In today’s digital age, the opportunity to make money online without any initial investment is more accessible than ever before. Whether you’re a student looking to earn some pocket money,

In today’s digital world, make money online has become a dream many want to turn into reality. Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or aiming to build a full-time

JSW Cement, the building materials arm of Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group, has reduced the size of its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) to Rs 3,600 crore and will open the

The agricultural Gross Value Added (GVA) growth is expected to moderate to 4.5% in the first quarter of FY26, down from 5.4% in the preceding quarter, according to a report

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net sellers in the Indian equity market in July, pulling out Rs 17,741 crore amid rising global trade tensions. According to data from NSDL, this

Avenue Capital Group-backed Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd (ARCIL) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with markets regulator Sebi on Friday to raise funds through an initial public

Nvidia braces for $5.5 billion blow as Trump administration tightens grip on AI chip exports to China

Word Count: 701 | Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes


Nvidia braces for $5.5 billion blow as Trump administration tightens grip on AI chip exports to China

Nvidia warned that it expects a $5.5 billion hit to its revenue after the Trump administration blocked sales of its China-specific AI chips, a move that could reshape the global chip race and deepen the technology rift between the US and China.
In a regulatory filing, Nvidia said it had been notified that the US government would now require a license to export its H20 chip to China — a chip it had designed to comply with earlier restrictions. The company said it would be unable to sell or fulfill existing H20 orders, prompting a multi-billion-dollar write-down of inventory and contracts.
The decision comes just days after Nvidia pledged to invest $500 billion in US AI infrastructure — a move praised by the White House. But behind the scenes, the Trump administration had already informed the company it was tightening export controls.
“This kills Nvidia’s access to a key market,” said Patrick Moorhead, an analyst at Moor Insights & Strategy. “Chinese companies are just going to switch to Huawei.”
The US Commerce Department confirmed the new export licensing requirements, which also apply to rival AMD’s MI308 chip. “We are committed to acting on the president’s directive to safeguard our national and economic security,” spokesperson Benno Kass said.
The blow lands as Nvidia faces rising pressure from Chinese firms like Huawei and DeepSeek, the latter of which recently unveiled a powerful AI model reportedly built at a fraction of the cost of its US counterparts.
In 2023, China accounted for 13% of Nvidia’s revenue, down from around 20% the year before. The H20 chip — a modified version of its flagship H100 — had been Nvidia’s attempt to salvage access to the Chinese market under existing restrictions.
Now, even that window is closing.
Notably, the crackdown follows a high-profile Mar-a-Lago dinner between Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang and Trump — a meeting that sparked speculation that the administration might ease its stance. Instead, pressure only mounted.
Senator Elizabeth Warren urged the administration to act swiftly in a letter to Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick, warning that Chinese tech giants were stockpiling chips while US startups struggled to acquire them.
The fallout could be long-term. As Nvidia retreats from China, analysts warn that domestic players like Huawei could fill the vacuum — and emerge as global competitors.





Source link

Most Popular Articles