Thursday, April 3, 2025

Creating liberating content

Bengaluru: A 19-year-old woman from Bihar was sexually assaulted near

Nitesh Rane (ANI file photo) NEW DELHI: Maharashtra minister and

Nagpur: A 28-year-old woman software engineer allegedly took her own

Related News

Bengaluru: A 19-year-old woman from Bihar was sexually assaulted near KR Puram railway station in Bengaluru. The two alleged assailants have been arrested. The woman was attacked around 1.30 am

Nitesh Rane (ANI file photo) NEW DELHI: Maharashtra minister and BJP minister Nitesh Rane on Thursday said that his party aims to turn Pakistan into a “Hindu Rashtra.”Posting on X,

Nagpur: A 28-year-old woman software engineer allegedly took her own life in Nagpur after leaving behind a purported suicide note, claiming she was the victim of a conspiracy involving a

Venkatesh Iyer and Vaibhav Arora (BCCI Photo) NEW DELHI: Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) delivered a resounding performance, defeating Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) by 80 runs in the 15th match of IPL

Technology stocks plunged on Thursday after President Donald Trump’s new tariff policies triggered widespread market panic.Apple led the sharp decline among the “Magnificent Seven” tech stocks, dropping nearly 9%. The

Washington: President Donald Trump acknowledged the shock brought by his tariffs onslaught Thursday, but said the US economy would emerge “far stronger,” even as world markets tumbled. “THE OPERATION IS

Trending News

NEW DELHI: The government will sell up to 4.83 per cent stake in Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders at a floor price of Rs 2,525 per share. “Offer for Sale in Mazagon

The US trade deficit narrowed in February, according to data released by the Commerce Department on Thursday, which was collected before President Donald Trump launched his latest round of global

AI generated image (Representative ) Industry leaders in India have expressed that the 27 percent reciprocal tariffs announced by US President Donald Trump will lead to a significant reshaping of

The US market represents 30% of Indian pharmaceutical exports. (AI image) US President Donald Trump has provided significant relief to India’s pharmaceutical sector by excluding pharmaceuticals from the new reciprocal

Market experts indicate that Indian equities are likely to experience fluctuations, influenced by global market reactions. (AI image) Stock market today: BSE Sensex and Nifty50, the Indian equity benchmark indices,

CHENNAI The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) is piloting a ‘federated model’ in collaboration with banks to eliminate frauds using UPI transactions. India’s umbrella organisation for operating retail payments

Karnataka pulls out affidavit in DKS support from SC | India News

Word Count: 609 | Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes


Karnataka pulls out affidavit in DKS support from SC

NEW DELHI: In a surprise move, Karnataka government on Wednesday took back its affidavit vehemently defending its Nov 2023 decision to withdraw consent the previous BJP govt in the state had given in Sept 2019 for a CBI probe into the alleged disproportionate assets of deputy CM D K Shivakumar.
Senior advocate Kapil Sibal, appearing for state, requested a bench of Justices Surya Kant and N K Singh for nod to withdraw the affidavit on the ground that state wanted to file a better affidavit. Sibal brushed aside solicitor general Tushar Mehta’s repeated queries about the reason for the affidavit being pulled back.
The bench permitted withdrawal of the affidavit, which was filed exactly six months after the SC had entertained the petition filed by BJP MLA Basanagouda R Patil Yatnal. The state had taken repeated adjournments before filing the affidavit and the SC on Wednesday granted two more weeks for filing of a fresh affidavit.
The SC had issued notices to Karnataka government, CBI, Shivakumar and state police on Yatnal’s petition on Sept 17 last year. In its March 17 affidavit, which now stands withdrawn, Siddaramaiah govt had told SC that previous BJP govt’s decision to grant consent for CBI investigation was illegal as it was taken without considering the absence of material relating to disproportionate assets.
The state government also said bringing in the CBI amounted to admitting that the state police were not competent to investigate the corruption case, and asserted that the police could handle such cases. The 2019 decision to allow CBI probe “would violate the state’s autonomy in investigations and undermine its responsibility in ensuring fair trial and threaten the federal ethos of the Constitution”, it said.





Source link

Most Popular Articles

Sign In

Welcome ! Log into Your Account