Related News

Private sector capital investment is expected to climb 21.5 per cent to Rs 2.67 lakh crore in 2025-26, aided by strong macroeconomic fundamentals and a 100-basis-point policy rate cut, according

Foreign investors withdrew Rs 34,993 crore (approximately $4 billion) from Indian equity markets in August, representing the most significant divestment in six months. This substantial withdrawal was influenced by US

On Feb. 19, weeks after taking office, Mr. Trump signed an executive order that called for the downsizing and elimination of the advisory panels. The order affected panels that oversaw

Indian shrimp exports are expected to decline by 15-18 per cent this fiscal year after a steep hike in US import tariffs, according to a Crisil Ratings report. The increase,

Bank Holidays September 2025: For those looking to avail banking services on specific days in the upcoming month, it is important to note that several bank holidays could lead to

Eight of the top-10 highest valued companies saw their combined market value decrease by Rs 2,24,630.45 crore in the previous week, with Reliance Industries and HDFC Bank experiencing the largest

Trending News

In today’s digital age, the opportunity to make money online without any initial investment is more accessible than ever before. Whether you’re a student looking to earn some pocket money,

In today’s digital world, make money online has become a dream many want to turn into reality. Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or aiming to build a full-time

JSW Cement, the building materials arm of Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group, has reduced the size of its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) to Rs 3,600 crore and will open the

The agricultural Gross Value Added (GVA) growth is expected to moderate to 4.5% in the first quarter of FY26, down from 5.4% in the preceding quarter, according to a report

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net sellers in the Indian equity market in July, pulling out Rs 17,741 crore amid rising global trade tensions. According to data from NSDL, this

Avenue Capital Group-backed Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd (ARCIL) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with markets regulator Sebi on Friday to raise funds through an initial public

DoorDash to buy UK food delivery firm Deliveroo in $3.9 billion deal

Word Count: 229 | Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes


A Deliveroo rider near Victoria station in London, England, on March 31, 2021.

Dan Kitwood | Getty Images

LONDON — British food delivery firm Deliveroo on Monday said it has agreed to a takeover offer from American rival DoorDash that values the company at £2.9 billion ($3.9 billion).

Deliveroo, which lets users order hot meals and groceries via an app, said its board agreed to an offer from DoorDash to acquire all issued and to be issued shares in the company for 180 pence a share.

That marks a 44% premium to Deliveroo’s closing price on April 4, the last business day prior to DoorDash’s initial offer letter.

Deliveroo shares jumped to a three-year high last week after the company confirmed it had received a takeover offer from DoorDash.

The transaction values Deliveroo at £2.9 billion on a fully diluted basis, the company said.

DoorDash said that the financial terms of the acquisition were final and would not be increased unless a third party steps in with a rival bid.

“I could not be more excited by the prospect of what DoorDash and Deliveroo will be able to accomplish together. We’ll cover more than 40 countries with a combined population of more than 1 billion people, enabling us to provide more local businesses with the tools and technology they need to thrive,” said Tony Xu, CEO and Co-founder of DoorDash.

This is breaking news. Please refresh for updates.



Source link