Related News

Reserve Bank of India Governor Sanjay Malhotra on Saturday said India is poised to become the world’s third largest economy soon, crediting the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana for strengthening

Economic Affairs Secretary Anuradha Thakur on Saturday said the government remains on track to achieve its fiscal deficit target of 4.4 per cent of GDP for 2025-26, despite concerns triggered

State Bank of India (SBI), the country’s largest lender, on Saturday said it has signed a Line of Credit agreement worth EUR 100 million with Agence Française de Développement (AFD)

Union Electronics and IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw on Saturday inaugurated India’s first tempered glass manufacturing unit set up by Optiemus Infracom in partnership with US material technology major Corning. The

Reliance Industries detailed an extensive green energy blueprint, with Mukesh Ambani and Anant Ambani presenting their vision for developing what they described as the world’s most comprehensive new energy system.“Hydrocarbons

Russian President Vladimir Putin criticised Western sanctions ahead of his four-day visit to China, warning that trade restrictions and the costs of the Ukraine war have pushed Russia’s economy into

Trending News

In today’s digital age, the opportunity to make money online without any initial investment is more accessible than ever before. Whether you’re a student looking to earn some pocket money,

In today’s digital world, make money online has become a dream many want to turn into reality. Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or aiming to build a full-time

JSW Cement, the building materials arm of Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group, has reduced the size of its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) to Rs 3,600 crore and will open the

The agricultural Gross Value Added (GVA) growth is expected to moderate to 4.5% in the first quarter of FY26, down from 5.4% in the preceding quarter, according to a report

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net sellers in the Indian equity market in July, pulling out Rs 17,741 crore amid rising global trade tensions. According to data from NSDL, this

Avenue Capital Group-backed Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd (ARCIL) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with markets regulator Sebi on Friday to raise funds through an initial public

RG Kar Victim’s Parents Yet To Receive Death Certificate After 6 Months

Word Count: 383 | Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes




Kolkata:

Over six months have passed since the shocking rape and murder of a junior woman doctor at Kolkata’s RG Kar Medical College and Hospital but her parents are still to get a copy of her death certificate.

The body of the victim was recovered from a seminar hall within the premises of the state-run institution early on August 9 last year.

The victim’s parents have alleged that they have been unable to get the death certificate till now as the RG Kar and Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) authorities are shifting the responsibility onto each other.

According to them, the KMC authorities are claiming that since the “place of death” is RG Kar, it is the responsibility of the hospital authorities to provide the death certificate.

On the other, the RG Kar authorities claim that if a patient dies within the hospital premises or is even brought dead to the hospital, the death certificate will have to be provided by the KMC authorities, the parents added.

The victim’s parents have further claimed that although they have not got a copy of the death certificate, it has been mentioned in the court documents, as per the statement of a medical officer attached to RG Kar.

They now say if the death certificate is mentioned in the court documents, why was a copy of the certificate not handed over to them?

Last week, a special court in Kolkata, which had convicted and sentenced civic volunteer Sanjay Roy in the rape and murder case, directed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to file a fresh progress report on its investigation in the matter on February 24.

Since the special court has already pronounced the sentence for the convict in the main crime of rape and murder, legal circles feel that the fresh progress report will be related to the angle of tampering with the evidence in the case.

It is learnt that the special court had directed the CBI to submit a fresh progress report following a complaint filed by the counsel of the victim’s family accusing the central agency of not updating the court on the progress of investigation in the matter periodically.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)




Source link