Related News

Russian President Vladimir Putin criticised Western sanctions ahead of his four-day visit to China, warning that trade restrictions and the costs of the Ukraine war have pushed Russia’s economy into

ONGC group refineries will continue purchasing Russian oil as long as it is financially viable, chairman Arun Kumar Singh said on Friday. “As long as it’s economical, we will keep

China’s trade representative Li Chenggang conducted meetings in the United States, between August 27-29, engaging with US officials regarding economic and trade relationships between the two nations, according to the

Bank holidays in India can be cause of confusion, especially when it comes to Saturday operations. According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines, banks operate on first, third

New Delhi: ONGC Videsh’s $350 million dividend from Vankor field remains stuck in Russia due to banking curbs as a result of Western sanctions on Moscow, even as ONGC chairman

New Delhi: In a surprise move, Urjit Patel, who had resigned as Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor following differences with govt, has now been appointed as executive director at

Trending News

In today’s digital age, the opportunity to make money online without any initial investment is more accessible than ever before. Whether you’re a student looking to earn some pocket money,

In today’s digital world, make money online has become a dream many want to turn into reality. Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or aiming to build a full-time

JSW Cement, the building materials arm of Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group, has reduced the size of its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) to Rs 3,600 crore and will open the

The agricultural Gross Value Added (GVA) growth is expected to moderate to 4.5% in the first quarter of FY26, down from 5.4% in the preceding quarter, according to a report

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net sellers in the Indian equity market in July, pulling out Rs 17,741 crore amid rising global trade tensions. According to data from NSDL, this

Avenue Capital Group-backed Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd (ARCIL) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with markets regulator Sebi on Friday to raise funds through an initial public

Work-from-home, manufacturing ramp-down at some companies

Word Count: 660 | Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes


Work-from-home, manufacturing ramp-down at some companies
Representative AI image (Credit: Bing image creator)

MUMBAI: Amid escalating tensions between India and Pakistan, companies are putting precautionary measures in place to ensure safety of employees and minimise impact on operations.Dabur is operating its factory in Jammu only during the daytime for now and will reassess the situation on Monday before deciding on a further course of action.“We suspended operations at our Jammu factory last night to ensure the safety of our employees and avoid any untoward incidents. While normal daytime operations resumed today, we decided not to run operations after sunset,” a company spokesperson told TOI. The company has also allowed its outstation employees to leave for their hometowns.

'No disruptions in supply chain'

Several FMCG companies have factories in the north-western parts of the country, but so far there have been no widespread disruptions on the ground. Nestle’s factory in Punjab’s Moga, for instance, continues to operate normally, sources said. EY advised its employees working out of Delhi-NCR, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Ahmedabad offices to work from home on Friday.E-commerce companies are “reprioritising” delivery timelines in the border states given the evolving situation, an industry executive said. “People are being able to shop for the things they need. However, delivery periods could vary,” said an executive with an e-commerce firm. For consumers residing in these areas, this essentially means that some of their orders may get delayed. Spokespersons for Amazon and Flipkart declined to comment, while Meesho did not respond to calls.The All India Consumer Products Distributors Federation said that distributors and retailers have sufficient stock and there are no disruptions in the supply of products. “We have two months of stock with us. We haven’t seen panic buying as such,” said president Dhairyashil Patil.Q-commerce platforms are stocking up on essentials in border states, sources said, where reports indicate that there has been some panic buying. Sources at one platform said that there has been a slight increase in orders for staples, water, and power banks, ruling out any major surge.





Source link

Most Popular Articles