Sunday, April 6, 2025

Creating liberating content

Mohammed Siraj (BCCI/IPL Photo) NEW DELHI: Mohammed Siraj etched his

As per study published by the National Library of Medicine,

Related News

Mohammed Siraj (BCCI/IPL Photo) NEW DELHI: Mohammed Siraj etched his name into the record books by completing 100 wickets in the Indian Premier League during the IPL 2025 clash between

As per study published by the National Library of Medicine, titled Effect of cooking food in iron-containing cookware on increase in blood hemoglobin level and iron content of the food:

NEW DELHI: After bagging the largest-ever order for Light Combat Helicopters (LCH), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is opening its doors wide to the private sector, offering contracts worth Rs 25,000

Shubman Gill and Pat Cummins (BCCI/IPL Photo) NEW DELHI Sunrisers Hyderabad have been dealt a major blow ahead of their IPL 2025 clash against Gujarat Titans, as star pacer Harshal

The combined market capitalization of nine of India’s top-10 most valued companies plummeted by Rs 2,94,170.16 crore during the holiday-shortened week, with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Reliance Industries bearing

Kangana Ranaut and Vikramaditya Singh NEW DELHI: Actor and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Kangana Ranaut on Sunday targeted a “Raja babu” (king) for allegedly not being to able come

Trending News

The combined market capitalization of nine of India’s top-10 most valued companies plummeted by Rs 2,94,170.16 crore during the holiday-shortened week, with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Reliance Industries bearing

UK automaker Jaguar Land Rover is pausing shipments of its cars to the US following the introduction of tariffs by Donald Trump’s govt. The Coventry, England-headquartered company is putting these

File photo – Piyush Goyal NEW DELHI: A significant part of the Rs 10,000 crore second fund of funds for startups is proposed to be reserved for seed funding of

Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), the British luxury car manufacturer, announced on Saturday that it will temporarily halt shipments to the United States in April. The company is responding to the

China issued a scathing rebuke to the United States over its tariff hike, accusing Washington of economic bullying and warning of serious consequences for the global trading system. The response

US President Donald Trump on Saturday doubled down on his sweeping tariff policies, claiming that China has been hit “much harder” than the United States in the ongoing trade war

Body Of 2 More Miners Trapped In Assam Coal Mine Recovered After 44 Days

Word Count: 285 | Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes




Guwahati:

Divers fished out decomposed bodies of two more miners trapped inside a coal mine in Assam’s Dima Hasao district on Wednesday, 44 days after they went missing in the quarry, an official said.

With this recovery, six of the nine miners who had been trapped there on January 6 were found.

Dewatering operation in the mine at Umrangshu has been continuing for over one month. The two highly decomposed corpses were spotted by the divers who went in and brought them out.

The bodies are yet to be identified, the official said.

Nine workers were trapped inside the mine on January 6 and the body of one was recovered two days later while those of three others were found on January 11.

Compensation of Rs 10 lakh each has been paid by the government to the relatives of four miners whose bodies were recovered earlier and Rs 6 lakh each to the family of those trapped inside.

The state government had announced that the family of all trapped inside the mine would be paid a total of Rs 10 lakh each.

Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma had said that if the dewatering continues at the current rate, it will take about 25 to 60 days for the process to be completed, and it will continue till a ‘logical conclusion’ is reached.

The chief minister had earlier claimed that the mine was abandoned 12 years ago and was under the Assam Mineral Development Corporation till three years ago.

The state government has also announced a judicial enquiry into the incident, with retired high court judge Anima Hazarika heading the one-person committee.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)




Source link

Most Popular Articles

Sign In

Welcome ! Log into Your Account