Saturday, April 5, 2025

Creating liberating content

An Indian national has been stabbed to death in Canada’s

Mumbai Indians’ Tilak Varma plays a shot during an Indian

David Lau, Tesla Inc.’s vice president of software engineering, has

Vadodara, Gujarat: Rakshit Chaurasia, the accused in the Vadodara crash

Related News

An Indian national has been stabbed to death in Canada’s Rockland area near Ottawa, the Indian Embassy in Canada said on Saturday morning. According to the Embassy, one suspect has

Mumbai Indians’ Tilak Varma plays a shot during an Indian Premier League (IPL) 2025 cricket match against Lucknow Super Giants in Lucknow. (PTI) Mumbai Indians batter Tilak Varma became the

David Lau, Tesla Inc.’s vice president of software engineering, has told people at the company that he is stepping down, according to people familiar with the matter. Lau, one of

Vadodara, Gujarat: Rakshit Chaurasia, the accused in the Vadodara crash that left a woman dead and seven others injured last month, was driving under the influence of drugs, police said

NEW DELHI: In a significant ruling to protect public servants discharging their duties, Supreme Court held that protection provided to them, which prevents prosecution without govt’s prior sanction, would apply

Washington: As tech giant Microsoft celebrates its 50 Anniversary, co-founder Bill Gates shared a bunch of his old photographs during the early days of the company. Gates, who also served

Trending News

New Delhi: Apple does not intend to make any immediate changes to retail prices of its products, such as iPhone, including in India, following the Trump administration’s imposition of reciprocal

NEW DELHI: During their talks with negotiators from Asean, Indian officials are facing a China problem. Whenever they seek to offer any concessions as part of the review of the

MUMBAI: IndusInd Bank reported a slight year-on-year rise in net advances and deposits for the quarter ended March 2025, even as sequential trends reflected a slowdown in loan growth.The bank’s

NEW DELHI: Staring at a steep dent, exporters have asked govt to restore several benefits that have been stopped, such as the interest equalisation scheme and Remission of Duties and

Donald Trump announced tariffs on exporters to the US, including 20% on the European Union and 24% on Japan. NEW DELHI: Oil prices on Friday hit their lowest since the

NEW DELHI: Aircraft lessors will no longer need to fear their assets getting stuck in India for indefinitely long periods of time when an airline here goes belly up —

Ram Navami: Jharkhand cuts power on rally route, draws SC’s displeasure

Word Count: 590 | Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes


Ram Navami: Jharkhand cuts power on rally route, draws SC's displeasure

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday disapproved of the Jharkhand govt’s decision to disrupt power supply for 10 hours in areas where Ram Navami processions would pass through and asked the state to limit the outage to the “barest minimum” while ensuring continuous supply to essential services including hospitals .
This order was passed by a bench of Chief Justice of India Sanjiv Khanna, and Justices Sanjay Kumar and K V Viswanathan on an appeal filed by Jharkhand govt challenging a HC order directing no disruption of power supply during the Ram Navami processions.
For the state, senior advocate Kapil Sibal told the court that the decision to stop power supply on the routes of Ram Navami procession was taken as there had been several instances of electrocution of members of the procession who carry long metallic poles that serve as flag posts. As many as 29 people have died in the past two decades, Sibal said.
Sibal said the HC has asked the govt to order a reduction in the length of the poles carried by members of the procession, which is impossible to implement as the celebrations are scheduled for Sunday. He said the HC passed the orders suo motu and that no one had complained about the power disruptions announced by the state. Sibal said the power outage will be from 1.20pm to 11.30pm and confined only to routes taken by the processions. But CJI Khanna-led bench said a 10 hour-long power cut in the summer days in Jharkhand will be excessive.
The top court listed Jharkhand’s appeal for further hearing on April 8.





Source link

Most Popular Articles

Sign In

Welcome ! Log into Your Account