Thursday, April 3, 2025

Creating liberating content

Ottawa: Canada said it would impose a 25 percent tariff

Jaque Silva | Nurphoto | Getty Images YouTube on Thursday

Related News

Ottawa: Canada said it would impose a 25 percent tariff on some autos imported from the United States, retaliating against President Donald Trump’s levies that came into affect on Thursday.

Rohit Sharma and Rishabh Pant (Video grab) NEW DELHI: A heartwarming moment between Mumbai Indians’ former captain Rohit Sharma and Lucknow Super Giants skipper Rishabh Pant stole the spotlight on

Jaque Silva | Nurphoto | Getty Images YouTube on Thursday announced new video creation tools for Shorts, its short-form video feed that competes against TikTok. The features come at a

File Photo: AIMIM’s Imtiaz Jaleel NEW DELHI: Senior All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) leader Imtiaz Jaleel on Thursday declared his party’s intention to protest the Waqf (Amendment) Bill, 2024, in

Kolkata Knight Riders’ Venkatesh Iyer celebrates his half century. (PTI Photo) NEW DELHI: Kolkata Knight Riders’ (KKR) batting all-rounder Venkatesh Iyer once again proved to be Sunrisers Hyderabad’s (SRH) nemesis,

Pakistan captain Mohammad Rizwan (ICC Photo) Pakistan have been fined once again for a slow over-rate, this time during their second ODI against New Zealand in Hamilton on Wednesday. Match

Trending News

The US trade deficit narrowed in February, according to data released by the Commerce Department on Thursday, which was collected before President Donald Trump launched his latest round of global

AI generated image (Representative ) Industry leaders in India have expressed that the 27 percent reciprocal tariffs announced by US President Donald Trump will lead to a significant reshaping of

The US market represents 30% of Indian pharmaceutical exports. (AI image) US President Donald Trump has provided significant relief to India’s pharmaceutical sector by excluding pharmaceuticals from the new reciprocal

Market experts indicate that Indian equities are likely to experience fluctuations, influenced by global market reactions. (AI image) Stock market today: BSE Sensex and Nifty50, the Indian equity benchmark indices,

CHENNAI The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) is piloting a ‘federated model’ in collaboration with banks to eliminate frauds using UPI transactions. India’s umbrella organisation for operating retail payments

MUMBAI: What’s in a name? A lot for the embittered Lodha siblings. Abhishek Lodha-led Macrotech Developers, in a statement to exchanges, alleged that entities belonging to his younger brother’s House

Maoist With Rs 25 Lakh Bounty Among 17 Killed In Chhattisgarh Encounter

Word Count: 385 | Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes




Bhopal:

In a major success for security forces, a high-ranking commander was among 17 Maoists killed in an encounter in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma district on Saturday. The Maoist commander who was killed is Jagdish alias Budhra, who carried a bounty of Rs 25 lakh and was a key accused in a 2013 attack in Chhattisgarh in which at least 25 people, including the state Congress chief and other party leaders, were killed.

Police officials said the encounter took place in the morning after security forces launched an operation based on intelligence inputs about Maoist presence in the Kerlapal area of Sukma district. A joint team comprising the District Reserve Guard (DRG) and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) engaged in a fierce gun battle with the Maoists.

Officials said 17 bodies of Maoists have been recovered so far. “Two DRG personnel also sustained injuries but their condition is stable and they are out of danger,” said an official.

Security forces have seized a large cache of weapons from the encounter site, including AK-47 rifles, self-loading rifles, INSAS and .303 rifles, rocket launchers, BGL launchers, and explosives. The identification process of the killed Maoists is underway.

On Radar For Years

Maoist commander Jagdish aka Budhra, who was also killed in the attack, was in charge of the Darbha division. He was a key accused in the deadly 2013 Jhiram Valley attack by Maoists, which resulted in the deaths of at least 25 security personnel and Congress leaders, including the party’s then Chhattisgarh chief Nand Kumar Patel. Jagdish was also allegedly involved in the 2023 attack in Chhattisgarh’s Aranpur, in which several DRG jawans lost their lives.

Officials said Jagdish had been on the radar of security agencies for years and his elimination marks a significant victory in the fight against Maoists in the region.

Ramping Up Ops

Saturday’s encounter was part of an intensified crackdown on Maoist insurgents across the Bastar range. On Tuesday, security forces had killed three Naxalites, including Sudhir alias Sudhakar, another senior Maoist leader with a bounty of Rs 25 lakh.

In the past ten days, starting March 20, security forces have eliminated 49 Naxals in a series of operations.

Officials said more Maoists are suspected to have been killed or injured during Saturday’s encounter. Search and combing operations are still underway in the surrounding forest areas to track down any remaining Maoists.





Source link

Most Popular Articles

Sign In

Welcome ! Log into Your Account