Thursday, April 3, 2025

Creating liberating content

Bengaluru: A 19-year-old woman from Bihar was sexually assaulted near

Nitesh Rane (ANI file photo) NEW DELHI: Maharashtra minister and

Nagpur: A 28-year-old woman software engineer allegedly took her own

Related News

Bengaluru: A 19-year-old woman from Bihar was sexually assaulted near KR Puram railway station in Bengaluru. The two alleged assailants have been arrested. The woman was attacked around 1.30 am

Nitesh Rane (ANI file photo) NEW DELHI: Maharashtra minister and BJP minister Nitesh Rane on Thursday said that his party aims to turn Pakistan into a “Hindu Rashtra.”Posting on X,

Nagpur: A 28-year-old woman software engineer allegedly took her own life in Nagpur after leaving behind a purported suicide note, claiming she was the victim of a conspiracy involving a

Venkatesh Iyer and Vaibhav Arora (BCCI Photo) NEW DELHI: Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) delivered a resounding performance, defeating Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) by 80 runs in the 15th match of IPL

Technology stocks plunged on Thursday after President Donald Trump’s new tariff policies triggered widespread market panic.Apple led the sharp decline among the “Magnificent Seven” tech stocks, dropping nearly 9%. The

Washington: President Donald Trump acknowledged the shock brought by his tariffs onslaught Thursday, but said the US economy would emerge “far stronger,” even as world markets tumbled. “THE OPERATION IS

Trending News

NEW DELHI: The government will sell up to 4.83 per cent stake in Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders at a floor price of Rs 2,525 per share. “Offer for Sale in Mazagon

The US trade deficit narrowed in February, according to data released by the Commerce Department on Thursday, which was collected before President Donald Trump launched his latest round of global

AI generated image (Representative ) Industry leaders in India have expressed that the 27 percent reciprocal tariffs announced by US President Donald Trump will lead to a significant reshaping of

The US market represents 30% of Indian pharmaceutical exports. (AI image) US President Donald Trump has provided significant relief to India’s pharmaceutical sector by excluding pharmaceuticals from the new reciprocal

Market experts indicate that Indian equities are likely to experience fluctuations, influenced by global market reactions. (AI image) Stock market today: BSE Sensex and Nifty50, the Indian equity benchmark indices,

CHENNAI The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) is piloting a ‘federated model’ in collaboration with banks to eliminate frauds using UPI transactions. India’s umbrella organisation for operating retail payments

Trump says he may reduce China tariffs to help close a TikTok deal

Word Count: 242 | Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes


Muhammed Selim Korkutata | Anadolu | Getty Images

President Donald Trump said he may reduce tariffs on China to facilitate a deal that would result in ByteDance selling the U.S. operations of TikTok.

China “is going to have to play a role” in approving a TikTok-related divestiture, Trump said in a press conference Wednesday.

“Maybe I’ll give them a little reduction in tariffs or something to get it done,” Trump said. “TikTok is big, but every point in tariffs is worth more than TikTok.”

Although a national security law requires ByteDance to divest TikTok’s U.S. operations or face an effective ban in the country, Trump in January signed an executive order that delayed the deadline for a deal to April 5. Trump has previously said that he wants the U.S. to maintain a 50% ownership position in TikTok via a joint venture.

It’s possible he will extend the TikTok deadline again, Trump said Wednesday.

“We’re going to have a form of a deal, but if it’s not finished, it’s not a big deal,” Trump said.
“We’ll just extend it.”

Vice President JD Vance told NBC News earlier this month that he was confident that a TikTok-related deal would happen by the April deadline.

“There will almost certainly be a high-level agreement that I think satisfies our national security concerns, allows there to be a distinct American TikTok enterprise,” Vance said.

WATCH: TikTok bid is ‘in active dialogue’ with Trump administration.

TikTok bid is ’in active dialogue' with Trump administration, says Liberty Project's Frank McCourt



Source link

Most Popular Articles

Sign In

Welcome ! Log into Your Account