Related News

New Delhi: ONGC Videsh’s $350 million dividend from Vankor field remains stuck in Russia due to banking curbs as a result of Western sanctions on Moscow, even as ONGC chairman

New Delhi: In a surprise move, Urjit Patel, who had resigned as Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor following differences with govt, has now been appointed as executive director at

Mumbai: The rupee on Friday breached the 88-mark for the first time, hitting a record intra-day low of 88.31 against the dollar before recovering slightly to close at 88.20. The

Mumbai: The share of mutual funds in the household sector’s gross financial savings increased from 0.9% in 2011-12 to 6% in 2022-23. Assets under management have grown at a compounded

Mumbai: Remittance by Indians for studies abroad dipped to a 5-year low of $138.8 million in June 2025 as countries tightened restrictions on taking in Indian students.The remittances for study

Mumbai: India’s private investment cycle is showing divergent trends, RBI said in its August bulletin. The total cost of projects sanctioned by banks and financial institutions fell to Rs 3.7

Trending News

In today’s digital age, the opportunity to make money online without any initial investment is more accessible than ever before. Whether you’re a student looking to earn some pocket money,

In today’s digital world, make money online has become a dream many want to turn into reality. Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or aiming to build a full-time

JSW Cement, the building materials arm of Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group, has reduced the size of its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) to Rs 3,600 crore and will open the

The agricultural Gross Value Added (GVA) growth is expected to moderate to 4.5% in the first quarter of FY26, down from 5.4% in the preceding quarter, according to a report

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net sellers in the Indian equity market in July, pulling out Rs 17,741 crore amid rising global trade tensions. According to data from NSDL, this

Avenue Capital Group-backed Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd (ARCIL) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with markets regulator Sebi on Friday to raise funds through an initial public

7-Eleven in talks with Canadian firm Couche Tard over store sell-offs for potential merger

Word Count: 710 | Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes


7-Eleven in talks with Canadian firm Couche Tard over store sell-offs for potential merger

Seven & i Holdings Ltd announced that its convenience store brand 7-Eleven is planning to explore potential store sell-offs with Canadian firm Alimentation Couche-Tard (ACT).
This decision follows a series of measures introduced by Seven & i just days ago to counter a takeover bid from ACT, while also addressing antitrust concerns ahead of a possible merger.
“Joint outreach by financial advisors to ACT and 7&i to potential buyers has begun,” the parent firm said in a statement.
The company, which has fully owned 7-Eleven, the world’s largest convenience store brand, since 2005, is now taking steps to determine if a deal could be structured in a way that satisfies regulators.
ACT has agreed to work with Seven & i to outline a divestiture plan, which includes defining the operational, management, and financial aspects of the stores that could be sold, as well as identifying potential buyers.
“This would provide some insight into the prospects of success along terms that had a reasonable likelihood of satisfying US antitrust regulators,” the company added.
Seven & i believes these discussions will help determine whether a “credible and actionable remedy and divestiture package can be achieved that would allow a realistic assessment of ACT’s proposal.”
Earlier, the company had announced a major share buyback and plans to list its US unit on the stock market, another development in an ongoing procedure that began last year when it rejected ACT’s initial $40 billion buyout offer.
Seven & i dismissed the bid in September, arguing that it undervalued the business majorly and would likely face regulatory obstacles. If the deal were to go ahead, it would mark the biggest-ever foreign takeover of a Japanese firm, bringing together the 7-Eleven and Circle K brands to create a global convenience store giant.
Japan’s Yomiuri daily reported that ACT’s revised offer, which was reportedly raised to around $47 billion, has already been rejected by a special committee.
Seven & i has also appointed its first foreign CEO, Stephen Dacus.
The company operates around 85,000 convenience stores worldwide, with about a quarter of them located in Japan, where 7-Eleven serves in daily life items, selling everything from fresh rice balls to concert tickets.
ACT, which started with a single store in Quebec in 1980, now runs nearly 17,000 convenience stores worldwide, including Circle K.





Source link

Most Popular Articles