Related News

Access Denied You don’t have permission to access ” on this server. Reference #18.27fdd417.1756494351.a59ed1a Source link

Zydus Wellness Ltd on Friday announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Alidac UK Ltd, will acquire UK-based Comfort Click for GBP 239 million, marking the company’s first international acquisition and entry

Canada’s economy shrank at an annualised pace of 1.6% in the second quarter as exports took a hit from tariffs imposed by US President Donald Trump, Statistics Canada said on

Union coal and mines minister G Kishan Reddy said on Friday that India has signed an agreement with Japan in the mineral resources sector as part of efforts to build

The Centre on Friday increased usage charges for gunny bags by 40% to Rs 10.22 per used bag, a step aimed at easing the financial burden of states and Union

Thomas Fuller | SOPA Images | Lightrocket | Getty Images Ambarella stock roared 20% higher Friday as the chip designer reported better-than-expected second-quarter results and issued strong guidance. Here’s how

Trending News

In today’s digital age, the opportunity to make money online without any initial investment is more accessible than ever before. Whether you’re a student looking to earn some pocket money,

In today’s digital world, make money online has become a dream many want to turn into reality. Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or aiming to build a full-time

JSW Cement, the building materials arm of Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group, has reduced the size of its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) to Rs 3,600 crore and will open the

The agricultural Gross Value Added (GVA) growth is expected to moderate to 4.5% in the first quarter of FY26, down from 5.4% in the preceding quarter, according to a report

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net sellers in the Indian equity market in July, pulling out Rs 17,741 crore amid rising global trade tensions. According to data from NSDL, this

Avenue Capital Group-backed Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd (ARCIL) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with markets regulator Sebi on Friday to raise funds through an initial public

Trump held secrets talks with Hamas before issuing threats: Reports | World News

Word Count: 778 | Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes


Trump held secrets talks with Hamas before issuing threats: Reports
President Donald Trump addresses a joint session of Congress at the Capitol in Washington, Tuesday, March 4, 2025. (Win McNamee/Pool Photo via AP)

The Trump administration’s direct negotiations with Hamas over the release of US hostages marked a stark break from decades of US policy against engaging with designated terrorist organizations. Before former President Donald Trump issued an ultimatum to Hamas—threatening “hell to pay” if all hostages were not freed—his administration had already been in secret discussions with the group, sources revealed.

Secret Talks in Doha

US presidential envoy for hostage affairs Adam Boehler held multiple meetings with Hamas officials in Doha in recent weeks, sources told Reuters and Axios. These discussions, previously undisclosed, involved negotiations over the release of US citizens still held in Gaza. However, the scope of the talks reportedly extended beyond hostage releases, touching on a broader ceasefire agreement.
The revelation contradicts longstanding US policy, as the State Department has classified Hamas as a terrorist organization since 1997. Until now, Washington had relied on intermediaries—such as Qatar and Egypt—to communicate with the group. The White House confirmed Boehler’s direct engagement, stating that he had the authority to conduct such talks, but it did not specify when Israel was informed.

Trump’s Public Threat

After meeting with hostages recently released under a ceasefire deal, Trump took to social media with an unambiguous warning to Hamas. He demanded the immediate release of all remaining hostages, including the remains of those confirmed dead, or else Hamas would face severe consequences.
“I am sending Israel everything it needs to finish the job,” Trump declared, adding that “not a single Hamas member will be safe” unless the hostages were freed. His comments echoed past threats, including those made in the lead-up to the January ceasefire agreement.

Israeli and Hamas Responses

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office issued a measured response, acknowledging that Israel had expressed its position on direct US-Hamas negotiations but refraining from disclosing further details.
Meanwhile, the Palestinian Mujahideen, a military group in Gaza, denounced Trump’s remarks as a sign of US complicity in alleged crimes against Palestinians. Hamas has yet to comment publicly on the matter.

Potential Implications

Trump’s approach—directly engaging with Hamas while maintaining a hardline stance—marks a dramatic departure from prior US administrations. Former US intelligence official Jonathan Panikoff noted that while these negotiations could expedite hostage releases, they might also embolden Hamas to take more hostages in the future, knowing that Washington is willing to negotiate.
The extent to which the secret talks influenced Trump’s public ultimatum remains unclear. However, with hostages still in captivity and the Gaza ceasefire teetering, the consequences of these negotiations may unfold in the coming weeks.





Source link

Most Popular Articles